This grainless porridge is packed with fiber.
6 Honeycrisp apples (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 cup canned coconut milk
2/3 cup roasted cashews, plus more for serving, optional
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for serving
1/2 cup raisins, plus more for serving, optional
Cut off the sides/cheeks from 1 apple and slice; reserve. Set aside 1/4 cup of the coconut milk.
Peel and core the remaining 5 apples and cut into 1-inch chunks. Add the apple chunks, remaining 3/4 cup coconut milk and 2/3 cup water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced by half and the apples are tender and can be easily mashed with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and gently mash the apples, making sure to leave some chunks for texture.
Meanwhile, pulse the cashews in a food processor until they are completely ground and resemble flour (be careful not to make butter). Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the flaxseed and cinnamon. Fold the cashew-flax mixture and raisins into the mashed apple mixture and stir until well combined.
Divide the porridge among 4 bowls and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the reserved coconut milk. Top each bowl with apple slices, crushed cashews if using, raisins if using and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Copyright 2017 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to our channel to fill up on the latest must-eat recipes, brilliant kitchen hacks and content from your favorite Food Network shows.
Watch free FULL EPISODES of Food Network shows: http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/full-episodes?soc=youtube
Visit Food Network online: http://www.foodnetwork.com
Like Food Network on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FoodNetwork
Follow Food Network on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FoodNetwork
Follow Food Network on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/foodnetwork/
Press here: Food, recipes, cooking for more similar videosTags: apple, cereal, network, whole30
- What to See and Do in Melaka, MalaysiaDavidsbeenhereMon, March 26, 2018 11:56pmURL:Embed:What to See and Do in Melaka, Malaysia SUBSCRIBE & CLICK THE BELL ► http://bit.ly/DBH-SUB TRAVEL …
- Roast Potatoes Three Ways | Jamie OliverJamie OliverTue, December 25, 2018 1:36amURL:Embed:Jamie has three recipes to guarantee the perfect roast potato this Christmas – crisp on …
- आटे का इतना टेस्टी और आसान नाश्ता वो भी बिना तले की आप रोज बनाकर खाएंगे Breakfast Recipes IndianEasy Home TipsTue, August 28, 2018 5:04amURL:Embed:Healthy Breakfast With Wheat flour Healthy Snacks INGREDIENTS 150g / 1cup wheat flour Salt …
- IS SINGAPORE BETTER THAN AMERICA? ASK SINGAPOREANS!FUNG BROS.Sat, July 28, 2018 3:18pmURL:Embed:NEW FUNG BROS SHIRTS: http://gummymall.com/fungbros LIKE: http://www.facebook.com/thefungbros FOLLOW: http://www.twitter.com/FungBros DAVID: http://www.twitter.com/DavidBFung ANDREW: http://www.twitter.com/AndrewJFung DAVID: http://www.instagram.com/DavidBFung …
- Spring Soup Recipe | Yogurt Soup | Healthy and Easy SoupsEasy Turkish RecipesFri, August 31, 2018 12:18amURL:Embed:STEP BY STEP RECIPE: Yogurt Soup Recipe Ingredients 1 small cup of broken rice …