Chinese Food – Chinese Street Food – Whole Roast BBQ Pig Hog.
In Southern China, you can try some of the BEST Chinese food in the world. Here in Shunde, Guangdong, you can try some of the best street food in China and visit this amazing restaurant serving whole steamed pig and also entire roast BBQ Pig Hog!
Here in Shunde, there is a lot of amazing Chinese food and classic Chinese cuisine to eat. Both high end Cantonese cuisine and classic Chinese street food are found everywhere you look, but we came to try the whole steamed pig, and were blown away when the owner and head chef Mr. Li of the Chinese restaurant (DaBanQiao ZhengZhu) gave us a step by step lesson how to make and cook the entire pig. We watched the steamed pig but we were also served up some whole roast bbq pig as well. He showed us the whole cooking process. First, the whole pig is laid down on a table and then covered in a spice rub, and then placed onto a huge wooden box and steamed for 40 minutes. This is truly a marvellous Chinese recipe!
After 40 minutes, the pig was brought to the restaurant dining area and served to us with a huge table full of classic Chinese delicacies from Guangdong. You can find these Cantonese dishes all over southernn China, both at hole in the wall street food restaurants or in high end Chinese restaurants like this.
We were served some classic dishes like sweet and sour pork, long string beans, steamed whole fish, and fish soup as well. This was truly a huge cantonese feast worth traveling here to try! Shunde truly has some amazing Chinese food!
ABOUT THE FOOD RANGER
My name is Trevor James and I’m a hungry traveler and Mandarin learner that’s currently living in Chengdu, Szechuan, China, eating up as much delicious street food as I can . I enjoy tasting and documenting as many dishes as I can and I’m going to make videos for YOU along the way! Over the next few years, I’m going to travel around the world and document as much food as I can for you! I love delicious food! This channel will show you real Chinese food and real local food, not that stuff they serve in the Buzzfeed challenge.
Thanks for watching, and please feel free to leave a comment, suggestion, or critique in the comments below! Please make sure to subscribe, it’s the best way to keep my videos in your feed, and give me a thumbs up too if you liked this food video, thanks, I appreciate it! You could also share the video too if you liked it, that would be awesome.
MUSIC I use for my videos (GREAT for Youtubers!) http://bit.ly/FoodRangerMusic
Get your Food Ranger Merch Here, TAI HAO LE Merch here:
Press here: Food, recipes, cooking for more similar videosTags: amazing, china, chinese, cooking, crispy, south, whole
- How to Make an Award-Winning Pie | Food NetworkFood NetworkTue, March 20, 2018 2:00pmURL:Embed:And the award for BEST PIE in a supporting role goes to @ThePieous! For more, …
- Savoy Culinary MovieTheSavoyLondonThu, September 20, 2018 8:16amURL:Embed:A behind the scenes video of some of the dishes at The Savoy, including the famous …
- South Indian Snack Recipe – Quick Easy evening snacks recipe -Very Tasty Snack-DeliciousNewGen MomMon, December 24, 2018 7:35pmURL:Embed:OnionRings #Snack #EveningSnacks #Tasty #easy onion rings Hello friends.. Today we are about make a …
- Zillion Dollar Lobster Frittata vs. Kuku Frittata | HIGH BROW VS. LOW BROWFood NetworkTue, September 11, 2018 5:11pmURL:Embed:Brunch lovers, rejoice! This week’s #HBLB, we’re talkin’ frittatas. Jarobi White and Phillip Gilmour visit …
- Tears Flow as Gordon Orchestrates Emotional Family Reconciliation | Kitchen NightmaresKitchen NightmaresTue, March 20, 2018 1:14pmURL:Embed:Brother, Sister and father are all not talking. Gordon sits down with them and tries …